View Single Post
Old 1st December 2012, 12:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Just had the privilege of watching NEKROMANTIK on the silver screen (in Leeds, at the tail end of the film festival). Jorg B was present for an affable Q&A... an enjoyable little evening (which seems a bizarre thing to say, given that twenty years ago you imagine cinemas being stormed by riot police for showing same).
Interestingly, one of the festival facilitators happened to mention during his introduction that they'd had to submit 'Nekro...' to the BBFC in order to get it shown legally, and were told that, in this day and age, it would pass uncut at 18 (I thought it'd always stumble on the gratuitous rabbit flaying front, but apparently not). Whilst I can't imagine the likes of Arrow and Second Sight straining at the leash to give 'Nekromantik' a UK release, it'd be nice if someone did.
Thanks for the confirmation that the BBFC wouldn't cut the film today. It really shouldn't be a surprise though as It contains nothing illegal, the fact that they were willing to let it through unscathed proves that. They also more recently passed necrophilia in Haeckels Tale and Visitor Q. Obviously genuine necrophilia wouldn’t pass. Yes it’s surprising that the rabbit cruelty was deemed ok but I suppose after what they passed in Cannibal Holocaust they probably felt cuts here really couldn’t be justified.

No reason why Nekromantik 2 should be cut as it's just more of the same.