Thread: Censorship
View Single Post
Old 10th December 2012, 04:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Oh dear, this doesn't look good to me...

BBFC is to adjust sexual and sadistic violence policy to take into account key areas of public concern | British Board of Film Classification

Full report here...

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/sites/default/...ber%202012.pdf

Only 35 people involved in the research and they were given the most horrendous films to watch. No wonder there was a reaction, especially if they're not used to extreme cinema. I despair, I really do. It's flawed research at best, and a totally untrue picture at worse. And they're going to 'adjust' their policies based on this rubbish research?

Tories are in power, unemployment on the rise, general unrest in the population....I reckon another Video Nasties scare is on the horizon....the social environment is there and ready....
Interesting to learn that what I would have thought to be removed from Srpski seems to still be in there, hmmmmm. Interesting also to see that only a few escaped the scissors on that list. Therefore negating whatever "point" they were trying to make imo.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]