View Single Post
Old 17th December 2012, 12:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
Some rare stuff from around the world:1)Second Mabuse film by Fritz Lang,perfect in high definition,2)mystery-comedy film from 1934 written by Mario Soldati based on a comedy by Edgar Wallace! 3)Italian sci-fi comedy from the 60's about an alien who enters a factory worker's body in order to study Earth for an upcoming invasion,4)Checkpoint,a WWII movie about a Russian prisoner of war who helps the partisan guerrillas in their fight aginst the Nazi so to prove his loyalty,5)after the end of the world,the sole survivor tries to cope with loneliness,one of the most grim endings I've ever seen! 6)typical heist tv movie of the 70's and the only feature film of Freddie Prinze Sr,7)a tv movie with Alex Karras as a profesional wrestler with so meaning in life except his job until he finds the perfect woman his happiness is in danger when a stalker appears,8)a modern film noir by Claude Berri starring comedian Coluche in an award winning role,9)anime that combines live action (for the humans) and animation (for the cockroaches) about a society of cockroaches that live happilly in a bachelor's house until he meets a girlfriend and everything changes in a tragic way,10)sci-fi film starring Rainer Werner Fassbinder as a homicide detective who tries to catch a terrorist in an utopia,11)German horror comedy,a satire against racism,12)How The War Started On My Island, one of the first movies to take humoristic approach towards violent break-up of Yugoslavia,based on real events,13)14)15)16)Icelandic viking films know also as the Raven trilogy or the viking trilogy(Embla is the shorter,director's cut of the third film),this is the real thing,no cheesy stuff here,three of the most authentic viking films!
Several of those are on the list now. For my sins I've only watched Max Manus - Man Of War, a decent WWII thriller....tonight though I think I Stand Alone needs another airing......

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]