View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2013, 09:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

CONTAINS SPOILER FOR HAWKMONGER

Ahem.

The Killer Inside Me (Micheal Winterbottom, 2010)
As a Jim Thompson fan, I was intrigued to see that theyd try and make this again. I wasn't disappointed. Featuring some brutal shit (which includes kids cough), I won't recommend this as a first date movie.....harumph. Some lovely cinematography is offset by the underlying air of menace Affleck radiates...but then as I say, I am well acquainted with JT's "worldview", bleak doesn't enter into it cough cough. I'm rambling. SEE this movie. But only if youve read Thompson. I'm not going to be party to wishy washy debates about screen violence when I've read things that would put most of these 18s in the corner with their heads hanging AHEM.

The Crow (alex proyas, 1994) Needed to wind down after TKIM, so stuck this on. Still holds up, fascinating to see how MUCH Nolan stole from this imeo. Pity about the NIN track though

The 3 Stooges (Farrelly Bros, 2012) Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Say what you like, I enjoy this, yes the grating bits grate, and the plot is an old garland/rooney/norman wisdom staple, but the overall effect is chucklesome. An odd triple bill, but not as odd as some.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]