View Single Post
Old 26th January 2013, 10:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
"evidence"? Am I on trial here or something? I think he's funny, as are all these old shows. The racism, homophobia, mysoginism doesn't bother me in the slightest, I still find them funny, doesn't make me any of these things before anyone pipes up. If others don't find them funny, them fine, if others think they should never be seen again, then fine. And btw, On The Buses, is a classic, and funny. imo.
I never said anyone here was racist did I? No, I didn't. Funny how the only people on this thread who expressed a minority view (that shitty old tv programmes are anachronistic in the 21st century) were shouted down. The racism, sexism whatever that was expressed in ISAIH, FT, Rising Damp et al all came from the mouths of characters that are proven wrong in the context of those episodes. Hence the difference between these as satires of prejudice and the boneidle hatred of women that shines through dogshit like OTB.

Just my opinion though.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]