View Single Post
Old 30th April 2013, 03:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Longshanks View Post
The announcement of Time Bandits seems a little baffling, if because I already have the film on Blu-Ray (and I'm assuming I'm not the only one).

I get that Gilliam's film had an arguably average high-definition transfer, and was a little thin on bonus material, but I certainly wasn't anticipating a new release of it to say the least. Atleast Arrow's decision to put out Time Bandits on Steelbook might eventually sway me over but I'd much rather see The Burning, Murder Rock or Braindead get similar treatment through them first.

I am anticipating the rest of Arrow's release schedule however and already have my pre-order in for The Fall of the House of Usher.
The Burning is stuck with rights problems in the UK and nobody knows who really owns it, which is why Arrow havent put it out yet. It would have been out already if they knew who had it, as they said they have tried.

As for Braindead, Wingnut films are working on HD transfers for all of his early films, with Bad Taste actually confirmed as getting a restoration, but they've been put on hold while the Hobbit films are in production, and they aren't doing any rights or liscencing negotiations until the Hobbit is all done and released.
Once again, Arrow have said they've tried to get them, but can't.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga