View Single Post
Old 18th May 2013, 12:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMillennium View Post
oh come on, take it the way it was intended

the info from your first post comes direct from Clive's Twitter, and was posted a year ago, so I think it's fair to call it old news... the info you've just put up now is more recent, and good to hear!

I'm no reviewer, but I will tell you that the new cut is completely faithful to the book, and I think gives a better portrait of Midian. problem is, the new 'found footage' currently resembles a home video shot on a '90s camcorder, and I fear for just how much quality they can get out of it. Russell Cherrington did assure us at the screening that it could be brought up to a reasonable standard, but that baking the film was going to be a very large expense, hence the distributors' need for proof that there would be a market for it
Didnt take it anyway? Just saying that I have been on here and picked up very usefull information that is over a year old that I did not know and thats why I root around the various threads as I do not know everything and there is some very knowledgeable people on here, and if it is useful to one person then job done, thats what this sites here for!

Totally agree with you, I have heard the dropped in extra footage is vhs quality and looks quite bad, hopefully they can restore this for the Blu Ray edition to an acceptable level. I have also read that the Dr Decker story, why he kills, why he hates Boone etc is not elaborated on as I believe Cronenberg's killer is ruthless and brutal.....yet wasted. Could of had a spin off movie line me thinks? Can not wait for this, saw it on cinema for original release and it is so unique, yes it has its flaws but what the hell, its a bonkers film!