View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2013, 06:37 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Other Gms Never to be Repeated

I take it we will never see uncut episodes of 'The Comedians' again. I watched series 1 and was in hysterics . I really miss laughter.

Other shows would be Spike Milligan in 'Curry and Chips' and an episode of Are You Being Served called 'Roots' . In this episode from 1981 the Grace Brothers staff trace young Mr Graces roots back to the slave trade which feature the cast blacked up and doing a minstrel routine. This plays out over the end credits so I don't know how they would cut that .

Racism is ugly that is true but I severely doubt any of these comic gems would spurn the rise of fascism .

An irony was 'Mind Your Language' , which was hilarious. Michael Grade took it off air as he stated it was racist and pandered to stereotypes - the series was exported to India and became a comedy smash . They even did their own version which focussed on different dialects .

Too many 'white' middle class and leftie types whinging (although they would say 'championing') on behalf of minorities when many of the ethnic friends I have find that more offensive than the programmes they try to ban.

Did you know political correctness has it's roots in Stalinism - speaks volumes .