View Single Post
Old 27th September 2013, 10:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Only had a few hours gameplay so far but have just been introduced to the delightful Trevor. Impressions so far are incredibly overwhelmingly positive. Love the look and feel of the city and the way the characters work together so far seems excellent. Really justifies the decision to make it a 3 character game.

I also love how it takes all the best elements and mechanics of previous Rockstar games and uses them. The weapon wheel from Red Dead Redemption/Max Payne 3 makes selecting guns so much easier although I find the special abilities feature a little bit jarring for this sort of game. The best thing is how cinematic it feels. Previous games have always been a case of "Go to mission marker. Stop. Watch cutscene. Stop. Do mission" whereas the way the cutscenes and action flow together in this game (like Max Payne 3) is fluid and seamless; one of the early Franklin missions has him chasing someone in the cutscene which you then just take control of which really drags you in and makes you feel more connected to the events

Anyway yeah, bloody brilliant thus far and I'm looking forward to ignoring the missions for a while and just cruising about. Really going to take my time with this game. It really makes me nostalgic for LA though, especially Vespucci Beach which is identical to Venice Beach in so many ways. Even my girlfriend was blown away by that.
The heists are incredible, especially the final one, i won't spoil it for you but it's very fast paced.