Old 13th November 2013, 11:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Stephen Kings The Dead Zone (1983)

Now my fav Stephen King film IMO

What makes this my favourite Stephen King adapted film is that despite the fantastical elements the director and screenwriter manages to keep the characters and elements of the story, above all, grounded into a reality which the audience can engage and, within these elements, relate to.

I will admit I have never read the novel so I can't comment on how the book handles this aspect however. In addition the film presents some quite deep ethical themes, as I'm sure the book also does, as a consequence of this ability and asks some questions for the audience to ponder and its implications after the film is over.

Add in a fantastic performance by Christopher Walken who is well supported by the performances from the rest of the main cast and some visually striking sequences in relation to his unique psychic ability and you have a very enjoyable film.
Its a shame that, as far as I can tell, this film gets overlooked by others such as The Shining or IT because in my opinion it is so more memorable.

Overall a 9/10.
Been years since I read the book, but from what I remember Cronenberg's film is quite faithful to it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!