View Single Post
Old 21st November 2013, 04:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

El Mariachi

The debut film of Rob Rodriguez and I must say a very well made if low budget film. The characters a more human hence you feel for them more.

The story is a guiltar player wonders into a small Mexican town where it's ran by gangsters and drug dealers and while there he gets mistaken for a bloke who has a guitar case full of guns.

Lots of action and it's all spoken in Spanish but there was one thing I didn't like about it - the dream scenes, what were they all about?

Night Of The Living Dead 3D (2006)

A remake of the 1968 Romero classic starring Sid Haig and a very poor 3D effect. You all know the story so I won't go into it. By God what a pile of shite it turned out to be. Ben is white and it was 75 mins and it felt like 30000 mins.

Sid was the best thing in it and that wasn't saying much. The gore effects were pretty good and the zombie make up was pretty decent but the acting was appalling.

Never Back Down

About a boy (Sean Faris) who moves from school to school because he is always fighting and so he decides to go to a party because he is invited by the girl he fancies (Amber Herd). While there the local bully wants to fight him and rather than say no (or more like they wouldn't allow him to leave) he decides to fight and gets his arse handed to him. That then promps him to learn MMA.

For what it's worth it was a very well made MMA film and a guilty pleasure watch. I have also noticed all the women in the film are bloodthirsty whores. If a lad isn't getting his face smashed in or prepared to fight they don't want to know.

Ali G Indahouse

Ali G is faced with his Youth club centre getting shut down and so he prepares to take a stand against the Government that through some strange goings on gets him noticed by Charles Dance. This then propels him into the MP's House Of Lords and so starts his rather funny job in the house.

It was funny here and there especially when Charles Dance read out the letter Ali had written. Othertimes it's childish but at 1 hr 25 you can't really moan as it is an easy watching film.