View Single Post
Old 8th February 2014, 04:10 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
Watched 'The Dorm That Dripped Blood' last night, and it was...odd. I find it hard to criticise it, because the makers (and cast) were basically film students, I think, and worked on the film on weekends. Most of the performances were sort of ok, there was a real creepy feel to the location and some of the action/kill scenes were quite well handled. Oh, and the end was really good.
The PQ was pretty bad (Synapse BD), I'm assuming this is all that's left though?
So, overall I quite liked it, but there was something not-quite-right about it, that I can't put my finger on.
With regards to Dorm that dripped blood (aka video nasty pranks) the quality is the best its ever going to get. As you point out, it was basically a student film so wasn't shot on the greatest of film stock or well preserved. I like it though and think its a pretty underrated slasher.

Also does Demons have the 'proper' audio. The Arrow release had different dialogue in it (also sound cues ect.) most noticable is when the punks have got into the cinema and get cornered by the demons. The line is supposed to be "maybe their after the coke!" and on the Arrow one is something else entirely.