All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179939Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2014, 03:57 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Prime Evil. (1988)

A devil cult from the 14th century ensures it has eternal life by carrying out blood sacrifices of virginal blood relatives every thirteen years.

Lacklustre occult thriller from cult (if that's the right word) director Roberta Findlay who seems to prefer letting her camera leer at the slobbering, loathsome janitor who kidnaps pretty girls as sacrifices for a demonic cult rather than focussing on a coherent and engaging storyline. Findlay is naturally fine with the exploitative elements though. The film has ample nudity and some decent gore from the outset. Its just a shame that come the satanic climax, and the introduction of the horned beast, that it looks like a chihuahua that fell in a tin of red paint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prime evil.jpg (29.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 7th February 2014, 06:04 PM
Cult Addict

THE KING OF THE STREETS. Po faced martial arts film that lacks bite in both the fight scenes and anything else really.
Old 7th February 2014, 06:26 PM
Cult Addict

Didn't anything explode in that one MTDS?
Old 7th February 2014, 06:29 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Didn't anything explode in that one MTDS?
Afraid not...presently watching JOHN CARTER, loads of explosions in this!
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 7th February 2014, 07:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Afraid not...presently watching JOHN CARTER, loads of explosions in this!
Give us a verdict when you're done mate. Watched it a while back and I couldn't decide whether I liked it or hated it.
Old 7th February 2014, 07:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Give us a verdict when you're done mate. Watched it a while back and I couldn't decide whether I liked it or hated it.
I quite liked it for what it is, an undemanding kids film.
Old 7th February 2014, 07:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched 'The Dorm That Dripped Blood' last night, and it was...odd. I find it hard to criticise it, because the makers (and cast) were basically film students, I think, and worked on the film on weekends. Most of the performances were sort of ok, there was a real creepy feel to the location and some of the action/kill scenes were quite well handled. Oh, and the end was really good.
The PQ was pretty bad (Synapse BD), I'm assuming this is all that's left though?
So, overall I quite liked it, but there was something not-quite-right about it, that I can't put my finger on.
Old 7th February 2014, 10:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

After spending most of the week in France I got back last night and returned to my Arrow project with Obsession while tonight it was the turn of the Robocop directors cut. I had forgotten just how good this film is.
Old 8th February 2014, 06:00 AM
Seasoned Cultist

'Demons', Synapse BD. Looks pretty amazing. Like most of these types of films the build up is usually the best part. The film within the film and the first attacks & transformations were the best parts.

'Tower of Evil', Scorpion BD. First 2/3's were excellent, let down slightly by the final 1/3. Pretty 'raunchy', and bloody. The girls are GORGEOUS, as is Katerina!
Old 8th February 2014, 07:52 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
Ive had Feast lurking in my Blu Ray Collection for a while now, never gotten around to watching it, until last night, now i've heard good thinks about this film, its rated 6.4 on IMDB so i thought ah well it should be a good film, seems my opinion of a good film is rather different, just could not get into it, struggled with the fast editing just could not make anything out when the action kicked in, didnt like the name card flash ups, thought the wrong people died at the wrong times, so for me maybe a 4.5/10 for the special effects achieved on such a low budget.
I don't know if you're aware but the UK Feast (Blu-ray) is the R-rated cut version, the UK dvd is unrated with one memorable scene I can recall intact. I really enjoyed the first Feast movie, a nice change to the usual monster movie theme.

Like this? Share it using the links below!