Like Tree179628Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th February 2014, 10:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Yeah. The whole thing was quite hypnotic. In saying I didn't learn anything I was more wondering how much was staged, how much was made up and certainly how much was more the new age occult stuff rather than a study of witchcraft through the ages. For starters that most witches were just harmless women using folk medicine passed down to help people rather than having anything to do with the occult.

Still an interesting watch nontheless.
MTDS will be able to answer that no doubt.
Old 7th February 2014, 07:20 AM
Active Cultist

Ive had Feast lurking in my Blu Ray Collection for a while now, never gotten around to watching it, until last night, now i've heard good thinks about this film, its rated 6.4 on IMDB so i thought ah well it should be a good film, seems my opinion of a good film is rather different, just could not get into it, struggled with the fast editing just could not make anything out when the action kicked in, didnt like the name card flash ups, thought the wrong people died at the wrong times, so for me maybe a 4.5/10 for the special effects achieved on such a low budget.
Old 7th February 2014, 07:25 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
MTDS will be able to answer that no doubt.
You will learn nothing about witchcraft in the film but loads about publicity hungry, self proclaimed "King of the Witches" Alex Sanders! Great film by the way and the foundation of the "Wicked Witches" thread.
keirarts likes this.
Old 7th February 2014, 09:34 AM
Seasoned Cultist

watched Fall of the House of Usher. Only one name needed to validate how good it is: Vincent Price (even without the moustache)
Demoncrat and Dave Boy like this.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well, I watched The Abandoned. Felt that, stylistically it was a bit all-over-the-place, lead character was unsympathetic etc. The reveal though made me reevalute the whole film, so will rewatch over weekend for more even handed take on it.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th February 2014, 11:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Mummy's Hand (1940)

First of Universal's Kharis Mummy films. Tom Tyler looks great in the title role, shame he did not continue the role after this one. Good cast, great make-up and impressive sets make this the best of the series for me.
Rondadoronron likes this.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:51 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
Ive had Feast lurking in my Blu Ray Collection for a while now, never gotten around to watching it, until last night, now i've heard good thinks about this film, its rated 6.4 on IMDB so i thought ah well it should be a good film, seems my opinion of a good film is rather different, just could not get into it, struggled with the fast editing just could not make anything out when the action kicked in, didnt like the name card flash ups, thought the wrong people died at the wrong times, so for me maybe a 4.5/10 for the special effects achieved on such a low budget.
To me that's why it's so good. The fact that people you think will survive often don't. It's unpredictability made it refreshing.

I really wouldn't bother with the sequels. I love them but they up everything including the daftness.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:55 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Will do a proper write-up of recently viewed films when I have the time. Last night I watched...

PUPPET MASTER

zzzzzzzzzzzz....sorry VHS-nostalgia fans but it's a tedious turkey of a movie
Old 7th February 2014, 11:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Will do a proper write-up of recently viewed films when I have the time. Last night I watched...

PUPPET MASTER

zzzzzzzzzzzz....sorry VHS-nostalgia fans but it's a tedious turkey of a movie
Completely agree, same goes for any of the Charles Bland films I've seen (sorry Stephen )
PaulD likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th February 2014, 12:25 PM
Cult Addict

DARK SKIES. At it's core this is no different to the slew of recent well made ghost films but features aliens instead. However this is a much darker film that offers the viewer an interesting look at the collapse of a family struggling in the recent economic crisis. It tackles the strains of unemployment on relationships, physical abuse of children and a critique of the American dream by having the film's dramatic final set during the 4th of July celebrations.

Like this? Share it using the links below!