Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
I was quite tempted by the Spanish version of TCS - but I've held off from buying it due to lack of hard info. Do you know whether it's any good in terms of PQ etc?
I'll let you know when it arrives although I have nothing to compare it to. I was going to hold out for a BD but thought sod it.
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:13 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

HABIT. Excellent look at loss, abandonment, grief and pain filtered through the New York Boho scene of the late 80s/early 90s. It is also one of the best vampire films I have ever seen. Full of New York life and everyday Gothic, this is well worth tracking down. I saw it on Netflix. Highly recommended.
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It was years since I saw planet of the apes series prob when it was first aired or repeated, bought the boxset and just finished watching the last episode tbh the ending was a kind off let down thought it would have been better , was a bit weak for a great series also thought that the series started off well but as it went along it slowly went down hill towards the last few episodes .
troggi likes this.
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
Pacific Ring A much better experience at home.
Is there something you should be telling us?
SShaw and troggi like this.
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:58 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
I was quite tempted by the Spanish version of TCS - but I've held off from buying it due to lack of hard info. Do you know whether it's any good in terms of PQ etc?

'Superstition' is quite an effective little number and, although it's far from unknown, I'm surprised it's not mentioned more often. I was maybe a little underwhelmed by it this time around, if only because I watched it on the back of some Rebane weirdness (although it's a superior film in every conceivable way to 'Demons of Ludlow' apart from unintentional oddness.) I have the old American AB release from way back.
Interesting but pointless trivia regarding superstition. The unrated vhs release was cut, quite a bit of blood removed. Stablecane released a 'BBFC approved' version retitled THE WITCH which was fully uncut.

Both me and my friend Adam were dropping serious demands on the poor bloke from ARROW at Grimm up north to release it on BLU.

I have the R1 Anchor bay release and I think i'll watch it tonight!!!

Good reviews as always Frankie. If you liked Superstition may I recommend seeking out the John Hough directed THE INCUBUS. I discovered both films around the same time back in my teenage years of rooting through cardboard boxes at boot fairs looking for interesting horror titles. Scorpion have released the incubus recently in an affordable release on the Katerina label.
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I agree with the sentiment "great reviews Frankie" and with the "Incubus" suggestion, even though I haven't seen it in years.
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:15 PM
Active Cultist

Sat down with my daughter for Terminator 2 had forgotten just how good that film is especially in the extended version, currently watching Let Sleeping Corpses Lie/Manchester Morgue not seen it before so a good film to watch late and alone.
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
Sat down with my daughter for Terminator 2 had forgotten just how good that film is especially in the extended version, currently watching Let Sleeping Corpses Lie/Manchester Morgue not seen it before so a good film to watch late and alone.
You're in for a treat then, one of my favourite zombie films
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:52 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
You're in for a treat then, one of my favourite zombie films
I second that. Bought the ABUK disc on a whim from...wait for it!...OUR PRICE!!! (blast from the past?)
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I second that. Bought the ABUK disc on a whim from...wait for it!...OUR PRICE!!! (blast from the past?)
Now that's a name I've not thought about for a long time!
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!