All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179652Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2013, 10:49 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
Ban the Sadist Videos

Even more jaw-dropping than Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide . Evilspeak had scenes of DOS computer commands on a monochrome monitor cut??
Don't go looking for sanity and logic when looking at Britain's history of censorship. From the claims family pets would be affected by screen violence to the insistance that 'chainsaw' be removed from the title of Hollywood chainsaw hookers. Also the name change to teenage mutant hero turtles and the complete removal of nunchucks from the cartoon and any kung fu flick you care to mention. There is a real likelyhood that those who seek to censor are completely mental.
trebor8273, Zann and troggi like this.
Old 24th November 2013, 12:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Don't go looking for sanity and logic when looking at Britain's history of censorship. From the claims family pets would be affected by screen violence to the insistance that 'chainsaw' be removed from the title of Hollywood chainsaw hookers. Also the name change to teenage mutant hero turtles and the complete removal of nunchucks from the cartoon and any kung fu flick you care to mention. There is a real likelyhood that those who seek to censor are completely mental.
I have no problem with the idea of censorship just the people who do the dirty job! The history of censorship is littered with idiotic examples of mental cuts. With a little sense I am sure that the Board could realise that most of the things that they cut are only offensive to a minority and that the majority are much more resilient.

Monster Magnet
Old 24th November 2013, 01:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

hi guys

been back to the 80s just lately and re watched f13 pt2,f13 pt3 and madman.
hopefully be getting slaughter high and screamtime over the xmas period.
gag, keirarts, trebor8273 and 1 others like this.
Old 24th November 2013, 06:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Freakmaker

Freakmaker or Mutations fits nicely with those other British horror movies Psychomania and Horror Hospital,a hugely ludicrous plot,Donald Pleasance ludicrous accent,garish lighting,Tom Baker is a freak,London looking drab and grey and cheap thrills by exploiting real life deformities,probably why I luv it so much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg freakmaker (31).jpg (31.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg freakmaker (87).jpg (54.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg freakmaker (56).jpg (20.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg freakmaker (5).jpg (21.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 24th November 2013, 06:23 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

GRABBERS. Shaun of the Block set in rural Northern Ireland with tentacles. Pleasant but forgettable.
Old 24th November 2013, 06:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

After waiting for so long to get a copy of "John Dies at the End" I couldn't resist watching it late last night. I enjoyed it enormously! I think that I realized what was in store when John tried to open a door and the doorknob turned into a large flaccid penis.

This is a true WTF film in every sense of the term because you can tell that the actors are unsure about the direction of the movie themselves, never mind where I thought that it was going!

A successful surreal adaptation of a surreal book and great fun throughout! 19 and bit/10 for the welcoming committee in the "other dimension"!
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 24th November 2013, 06:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Devil-'twas ok
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th November 2013, 06:47 PM
Cult Addict

AFTER FALL, WINTER. Bleak, funny and very human look at romance, broken souls and sex. One of the best films I've seen this year. Highly recommended.
Old 24th November 2013, 07:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
After waiting for so long to get a copy of "John Dies at the End" I couldn't resist watching it late last night. I enjoyed it enormously! I think that I realized what was in store when John tried to open a door and the doorknob turned into a large flaccid penis.

This is a true WTF film in every sense of the term because you can tell that the actors are unsure about the direction of the movie themselves, never mind where I thought that it was going!

A successful surreal adaptation of a surreal book and great fun throughout! 19 and bit/10 for the welcoming committee in the "other dimension"!
I'm currently reading the book and, as you'd expect, won't watch the film until I've finished reading an incredibly enjoyable and really well-written novel. My hopes that the adaptation will live up to the source material and now quite high!
troggi likes this.
Old 24th November 2013, 09:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default THE GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN

Dare I say it (dare, dare) That this is just as enjoyable as any of the Universal Frankenstein films,especially when Lugosi's brain is transplanted into the monster.Will the scientists never learn.
Chaney Jr., Lon (Ghost of Frankenstein, The)_NRFPT_01.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!