Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179686Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th November 2013, 09:46 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Watched Redline recently but to be honest I wasn't in the mood (sore back) and it affected my viewing pleasure so giving this one another spin before reviewing it.
troggi likes this.

Last edited by bdc; 25th November 2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 25th November 2013, 09:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

THE WOLVERINE Extended Edition

Now that's better. Twelve more minutes of mayhem. More blood, more action, more swearing. That's Wolverine.

Ninja's verses snow plough=
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 25th November 2013, 12:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
THE WOLVERINE Extended Edition

Now that's better. Twelve more minutes of mayhem. More blood, more action, more swearing. That's Wolverine.

Ninja's verses snow plough=
I have no idea how it's still rated 12 lol, that bit is sadistic! Have you watched the alternate ending? I'm so annoyed that's not the actual ending!

P.S. I don't get why they've called it 'Extended Cut', because it's the director's cut.
troggi likes this.
Old 25th November 2013, 03:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, the alternate ending is great. That should have been added.

As you say, the extended film is still rated 12. If they can get away with this as a 12cert, why all the hassle with cutting the film in the first place ?
troggi likes this.
Old 25th November 2013, 03:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

We all give our view and opinions but it not often I gripe about a film, eg we say what we like or dislike etc, but as posted before I commented on babycart to hades thought the ending was ott, but in 5 babycart in the land of demons kinda really annoyed me, end of 4 babycart in peril he was as good as dead, but in 5 it was as is nothing happened, how he survived etc but the story where every time he killed someone they stayed alive long enough to have a full blown conversation and explain a story to him then drop dead as they finished was daft, stupid, unrealistic etc etc, kinda done is a joke piss take way from a comedy sketch where they live long enough to tell them what they want before dying. Didn't take to this daft plot and storyline one bit.
troggi likes this.
Old 25th November 2013, 05:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
If they can get away with this as a 12cert, why all the hassle with cutting the film in the first place ?
Oh I understand why it was cut for theatrical release, the extended cut would presumably be R-rated, and also for length.
troggi likes this.
Old 25th November 2013, 07:26 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Watched KICK ASS with the boy MTDS and the girl MTDS who have a combined age of 15, which just happens to be the films cert...so that's okay. Both loved it. However I'd forgotten about all the masturbation at the beginning so had to fast forward rapidly whilst talking loudly about the killings to come in the film! I'm so proud that my kids love violence in films. Just tucked them into bed with them requesting to now be called Kick Ass and Hit Girl.
Old 25th November 2013, 08:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Incrediable melting man

Astronaut Steve west and his crew are exposed to a radiation near the rings of Saturn, west is the only survivor. The radiation has the unfortunate of effect of melting his flesh, west escapes and goes on a cannibalistic killing spree which seems to slow the process. We have interesting little film with some interesting characters and some comedy in the form of the ill fated old couple. But the real star is rick bakers effects, which even to this day are amazing and not for the squemish 9/10

Watching trading places which I don't need to buy now as it's on Netflix, Jamie Lee Curtis gives two of her best performances in this film

Last edited by trebor8273; 25th November 2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 25th November 2013, 09:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Watched KICK ASS with the boy MTDS and the girl MTDS who have a combined age of 15, which just happens to be the films cert...so that's okay. Both loved it. However I'd forgotten about all the masturbation at the beginning so had to fast forward rapidly whilst talking loudly about the killings to come in the film! I'm so proud that my kids love violence in films. Just tucked them into bed with them requesting to now be called Kick Ass and Hit Girl.
Its just a shame the boy MTDS was the one who wanted to be called Hit Girl.
Rik and troggi like this.
Old 25th November 2013, 09:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Its just a shame the boy MTDS was the one who wanted to be called Hit Girl.
Leave my boy alone, he's a warrior having just passed his first official belt at Ju Jitsu and at six years old will kick your arse!
troggi likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!