Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2012, 02:39 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I haven't seen it either but this review certainly is short and to the point...
Old 24th September 2012, 02:50 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I haven't seen it either but this review certainly is short and to the point...
I thought it was going to be excellent from all the praise I'd read heaped on it, I'd avoided any reviews so that the "twist" wouldn't be known to me, then guessed it straight off from the very first image in the title sequence!

Okay, to be fair to the film at 45 years old, not being a fanboy and having seen naked breasts in the flesh, I'm not perhaps it's target audience. But to me, it felt tired and cynical in a lazy post modern way.
Old 24th September 2012, 03:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
It has been a while since I've seen it but is it not because each Stab film starts off with people watching the opening scene from the previous Stab film like at the beginning of the Scream 4? So the film Stab 7 starts off with the opening of Stab 6
No the actual opening scene is stab 6 it end with the stab 6 on the tv credits then 2 women are argueing cos 1 hated it one gets killed then then stab 7 ends,
Later in the film he says let's watch stab 7 and it shows the very actual beginning which is stab 6,
Old 24th September 2012, 03:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
SPOILER ALERT.

THE CABIN IN THE WOODS

It's f*cking shit.

END OF SPOILER ALERT
It's one of the best films I've seen this year – great fun and with an interesting debate about horror films and viewership.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 24th September 2012, 03:59 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It's one of the best films I've seen this year – great fun and with an interesting debate about horror films and viewership.
I'm with Nos on this one again! CITW is easily one of this years best films - its fun and original!
Old 24th September 2012, 04:35 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I thought it was going to be excellent from all the praise I'd read heaped on it, I'd avoided any reviews so that the "twist" wouldn't be known to me, then guessed it straight off from the very first image in the title sequence!

Okay, to be fair to the film at 45 years old, not being a fanboy and having seen naked breasts in the flesh, I'm not perhaps it's target audience. But to me, it felt tired and cynical in a lazy post modern way.
There's no twist in Cabin in the Woods! It's all laid out in front of you at the start. Thats the reason it fails as a straight-up scary horror film; you know more than the characters for most of the film. Unless you mean the appeasement stuff which isn't significant enough to be labelled a twist anyway really.

It's a really fantastic film and I can't wait to see it again
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th September 2012, 06:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just finished watching Wes Andersons Moonrise Kingdom at the local Programmkino, it you are a fan of his earlier work then this is fabulous, if not then shame on you.

My 5c on Cabin in the Woods. Awful, cliche ridden nonsense that has nothing new to say about the genre and shares similar plot elements to later Buffy episodes. I know I am in a very small minority, but I am in good company. Chris Fowlers review on his blog is spot on.

http://www.christopherfowler.co.uk/b...-in-the-woods/

Last edited by SShaw; 24th September 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 24th September 2012, 07:48 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
Just finished watching Wes Andersons Moonrise Kingdom at the local Programmkino, it you are a fan of his earlier work then this is fabulous, if not then shame on you.

My 5c on Cabin in the Woods. Awful, cliche ridden nonsense that has nothing new to say about the genre that shares similar plot elements to later Buffy episodes. I know I am in a vers small minority, but I am in good company. Chris Fowlers review on his blog is spot on.

Re:View – ‘Cabin In The Woods’ « Christopher Fowler's Blog
Hmmm, I have to disagree as I thought Cabin in the woods was solid entertainment. Not at all scary but a lot more interesting than I went in expecting and pretty funny in places as well. Chris fowlers review was ok until he started raving about the nines, that movie was utter crap.
Old 24th September 2012, 07:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It was on Keiarts recommendation that I ordered CITW, it arrived on Blu this morning and was going to be my choice of film for tonight, that is until I found out it's faulty so I now have to wait for a replacement, gutted
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th September 2012, 08:44 PM
Cult Master

images (3).jpg

images (4).jpg

images (5).jpg

images (6).jpg

images (7).jpg

images (8).jpg

images (9).jpg

I had nothing else to do yesterday so what better way to spend it.
it'smebilly, VicDakin, bdc and 2 others like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!