Like Tree179840Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th September 2012, 04:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Roberts Blossom - From Deranged to Home Alone. Wonderful stuff, a classic horror and an all time favourite. Not to mention Escape from Alcatraz.
Ha ha, I forgot he was in Home Alone.
It is indeed a classic and I'm cross with myself for waiting 21 years to watch it. I'm now planning on obtaining the other films in the "series" as it were, Dead of Night, Children Shouldn't Write Long Film Titles etc, they were cheap from Zavvi the other day
Baseball Fury likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th September 2012, 04:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Roberts Blossom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Ha ha, I forgot he was in Home Alone.
It is indeed a classic and I'm cross with myself for waiting 21 years to watch it. I'm now planning on obtaining the other films in the "series" as it were, Dead of Night, Children Shouldn't Write Long Film Titles etc, they were cheap from Zavvi the other day
he was great in Christine
Roberts Blossom.jpg
Old 27th September 2012, 06:33 PM
Active Cultist

JFK
Curse of the Crimson Altar
bdc likes this.
Old 27th September 2012, 06:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

House of Wax (1953)

Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959)

A quiet week for me, well so far. Only watched films I've seen before plus I'm full of a cold so I haven't been quite in the mood. It's holiday time for me though, the front room is set up so it should be film after film after film!
Old 27th September 2012, 06:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
House of Wax (1953)

Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959)

A quiet week for me, well so far. Only watched films I've seen before plus I'm full of a cold so I haven't been quite in the mood. It's holiday time for me though, the front room is set up so it should be film after film after film!
One real classic and one trashy classic - nice pair!

Greetings!
Old 27th September 2012, 07:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

One Night at McCool's (2001)

Excellent comic drama with an all star cast - Liv Tyler, Michael Douglas, Matt Dillon, John Goodman, Paul Reiser, Reba McEntire and Richard Jenkins.

Tyler plays Jewel, the manipulative heroine around whom the story circulates due to that one night at McCool's.

The plot is far too twisty turny to fully go into but its a funny, sexy, violent beautifully acted and well written movie that is well worth seeking out. A little like a cross between Wild Things and Mario Bava's Four Times That Night.

The film has great re-watch potential, this was the fifth time i'd seen it.

A comedy that delivers more than fart jokes and someone sticking their dick in an apple pie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003_onenighaos.jpg (38.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 003_onenighros.jpg (43.1 KB, 3 views)
bdc likes this.
Old 27th September 2012, 07:28 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
One Night at McCool's (2001)

Excellent comic drama with an all star cast - Liv Tyler, Michael Douglas, Matt Dillon, John Goodman, Paul Reiser, Reba McEntire and Richard Jenkins.

Tyler plays Jewel, the manipulative heroine around whom the story circulates due to that one night at McCool's.

The plot is far too twisty turny to fully go into but its a funny, sexy, violent beautifully acted and well written movie that is well worth seeking out. A little like a cross between Wild Things and Mario Bava's Four Times That Night.

The film has great re-watch potential, this was the fifth time i'd seen it.

A comedy that delivers more than fart jokes and someone sticking their dick in an apple pie.
And you've got to love those teeth and that hair on Michael Douglas!
Old 27th September 2012, 07:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
And you've got to love those teeth and that hair on Michael Douglas!
I wasn't going to mention that. It would come as a nice surprise to any newcomers to the film.
Old 27th September 2012, 10:10 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

You fellas won't believe it - I've watched not one, but two films today! And both of them from the very beginning to the very end. A little but important step forward - at least that's what I hope it is.

Miami Blues. I bought the film because I'm a big fan of Mr Baldwin and an even bigger fan of Mr Ward. Both play pretty ****ed-up characters, and both are highly convincing. "Junior" (Baldwin) is an ex-con, a total loony - and dangerous. Sgt. Moseley (Ward) is a drunk, and has a set of false teeth. You'll also find: quite a few strange characters, action, and hilarious dialogues:
Sergeant Moseley: Your turn to notify the next of kin?
Sergeant Henderson: No way. I did the fat lady that sat on the kid. That's good for two.
Also watch out for JJ Leigh's perky titties - IBA!*
Really entertaining flick with quite a bit of violence - it never drags.
* * * 1/2 out of * * * *

The Crow. That was me revisiting this film for the first time this evening. I liked it when I first watched it - now I love it. Believe me, I don't grant this film any bonus because of its tragic circumstances. No, I simply think that The Crow is one of the finest films of the 90s and one of the best films ever. There's style next to sheer dirt and uglyness. There's violence next to tenderness. It's full of love and hate. It has a great soundtrack. It's beautifully shot. And, what's more - it has fine dialogues spoken by outstanding actors. Ernie Hudson's police officer is full of warmth and noticeable reliability, Brandon Lee is both avenger and poet, and Rochelle Davis is deeply moving as a lonely child on the search for real love - it's very sad that she did not pursue a career in the movie business after this film, as she obviously had lots of talent.
Watch out for Bai Ling's nude bum in the shower - IBA!*
Simply a brilliant movie.
* * * * out of * * * *

Greetings!

PS: Brandon Lee was a great actor and soooo beautiful.... it's such a crying shame he had to leave us so early...
PPS: *IBA = Instant Boner Alert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MiamiBlues1Sheet.jpg (74.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg The_Crow_Filmposter.jpg (35.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg CB545528948479B2C21982F631ADC.jpg (42.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 1589.jpg (23.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 27th September 2012, 10:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have had a lot of cough medicine today....

Dreamscape (1984) - personally at first I found this a bit dull but the last 15-20 minutes amused me greatly!

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (1988) - Always good!
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!