LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:29 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
NBK is nothing like tripping btw cough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I can only watch it for about twenty minutes before getting really annoyed at it and switching it off. It's just all over the place and feels like awe it'd acid trip of a film... And not in a good way.
In all fairness that's how its meant to be.
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

For the Love of Helen - Interview with Peter Cushing. Runs for about thirty two mins. This concludes the extra features on the Amicus documentary. Great stuff
Old 3rd December 2013, 01:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Fido

A wonderful bit of whimsy. When the world is overtaking by zombies the zombie wars break out giant fences are constructed around city's to keep the zombie hoards out, a company called zomcom develop collars to domestic zombies. Years late Helen Robinson gets a zombie played by billy Connelly to help around the house,which forms a friendship with her young son, lots charm and wonderful ideas in this film, with the young boy and billy Connelly both given fantastic performances. It's almost like a Steven speilberg movie, with how charming and whimsy it is at times, just replace E.T with a zombie and you get the idea. Definitely one that makes you feel better and gives you a warm feeling and puts a smile on your face. I would recommend those who haven't seen it give it a go. 10/10
10/10 for Fido???!!! I thought it was more of a 7/10 film. Very good, but not nearly one of the best films ever or even on any "best of" list.
Old 3rd December 2013, 01:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
In all fairness that's how its meant to be.
I know, but I just find it annoying and very irritating instead of entertaining and enjoyable.
Old 3rd December 2013, 02:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I know, but I just find it annoying and very irritating instead of entertaining and enjoyable.
I'm not sure Natural Born Killers was ever meant to be an entertaining or enjoyable film in that sense of the words.
Old 3rd December 2013, 03:03 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
I can only watch it for about twenty minutes before getting really annoyed at it and switching it off. It's just all over the place and feels like awe it'd acid trip of a film... And not in a good way.
NBK is one of my favorite films, i remember bunking off school in 1996 when i was in 6th form as my friend had a bootleg and lent me it, i watched it 3 times that afternoon, made my own copy and christ knows how many times i watched it after, i was in HMV the day it was supposed to be finally released on VHS but it got cancelled due to some shooting, i watched it with my missus i few months back she hated it, i think she has no taste.

Now Man Of Steel i watched at the weekend i dont know where i stand as some bits i sort of enjoyed, the darker nature etc but come on how many buildings had to be destroyed, and the fact everyone was so glad Superman saved the world, if it wasnt for him none of it would of happened.
Old 3rd December 2013, 05:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sundown vampire in retreat

Didn't mange to finish this, just boring even the mighty Bruce Campbell and David carradine couldn't save this turkey.

Watching Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, first time I've seen it since it came out, so can remember if its any good, but has to be better than sundown
Old 3rd December 2013, 05:45 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Sundown vampire in retreat

Didn't mange to finish this, just boring even the mighty Bruce Campbell and David carradine couldn't save this turkey.

:
It bored me as well. Tried it twice and ended up falling asleep twice.

I take it you have the same set as me. Have you seen Boy Eats Girl yet? Really good fun, as was Earth Girls are Easy which took me by surprise.
Old 3rd December 2013, 05:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It bored me as well. Tried it twice and ended up falling asleep twice.

I take it you have the same set as me. Have you seen Boy Eats Girl yet? Really good fun, as was Earth Girls are Easy which took me by surprise.
Yep same set, might watch boy eats girls after Frankenstein
Old 3rd December 2013, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mary Shelly's Frankenstein

Enjoyed this a lot more than I expect, which is down to the great acting, some stunning set pieces and being a lot closer to the book than any other adaptation. But I still prefer the 1931 version and bride of Frankenstein. But still a great film and better than Francis ford Coppola Dracula! 8/10

Next up

Communion (Alice, sweet Alice)
Necromentia

Both which have not seen and know next to nothing about.

Like this? Share it using the links below!