View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2014, 07:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched 2 films today:

TORSO / VIOLENZA CARNALE ('73) - Masterful giallo from Martino starring British giallo-queen Suzy Kendall. If the setting of Perugia isn't gorgeous enough, Martino fills the screen with mostly naked women, most of the time! The story is solid too and the direction really inventive. I especially liked the bit where the killer chucked a body down a well with the camera pointing up from way down at the bottom of the well. As with most gialli, the soundtrack is a key part of the film too. Blue Underground's blu is fantastic, stunning PQ and the audio does the job nicely.

ANGEL HEART ('87) - A stunning mix of (neo-)noir and horror; my 2 favourite genres! De Niro plays the devil, Mickey Rourke the gumshoe. Incredible New York and depression-era Deep South settings. Gory, intense, atmospheric, surreal. Classic film I never get bored of watching. Bizarrely, chickens and fans are running themes throughout! The UK Optimum/StudioCanal blu came out many years ago now but its an impressive one and does the film justice.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Last edited by oaxaca; 23rd March 2014 at 07:56 PM.