View Single Post
Old 6th April 2014, 01:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

FRIDAY 13th 1-8: Classic series, Voorhees will always be my favourite nutcase. The first 3 are perhaps the best produced of the series. 4 disappoints. 5 and 6 have an older Tommy Jarvis and are more fun to watch, particularly 6. I've always liked the psychic angle in number 7 and 8 is a hoot in the big apple. Will be watching 9 later. Then I have Jason X, Freddy Vs Jason and the Friday 13th remake - None of which I've seen before.

Amazing US blu ray box set from Paramount, with 3D glasses + camp crystal lake sew-on badge + thick booklet. I love watching number 3 with the 3D glasses provided, a novel experience! The 1st one has had the most care and attention lavished on the transfer. The others don't always pop in HD (but the upgrade from DVD is obvious!). Number 6 is pretty stunning to look at too.

DOLLS: One of the better 'murderous magic toys' film I've seen. Has a good creepy old house atmosphere and amusing script. Not very bloody for a Stuart Gordon film but has the Charly Band stamp all over it. Guy Rolfe is great Great looking transfer on the UK 101Films BD.

HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN: Barmy post-nuke comedy with Roddy Piper and frogmen. Great Arrow BD!

MEET HIM AND DIE: Really enjoyable poliziotteschi starring Ray Lovelock, Gianni Garko and Martin Balsam. Great car chases and twist ending.
Raro's blu ray isn't great, quite soft and a little DNR'd but its acceptable.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Last edited by oaxaca; 6th April 2014 at 03:56 PM.