View Single Post
Old 8th December 2014, 12:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Kickboxer

I remember lending a VHS off a friend at school with this on it and the Romero DAWN OF THE DEAD. At the time I kept fast forwarding this to get to Dawn, but one night I thought I'd actually watch it, and I am glad I did. I enjoyed the film then as much as I do now, I mean OK the 80's dress sense now is really cheesy and the 80's music just didn't suit the film but I does hold up pretty well in the story wise.

Van Damme still has stiff acting and him trying to cry is pretty funny to watch and his brother did have it coming being so cocky. It's basically at 97 minute training montage as with THE 36th CHAMBER. Tong Po is a credible villain where you do want to see him get his arse handed to him. I didn't like the sudden ending to the film after the fight, they could have filmed a bit more of what happened after the fight, but in general it is one of the best (if cheesy Van Damme films out).

ALUNA

A documentary about Indians that live in Panama and how they survive the new world and about the pilgrim they take to 6 different cities with a gold thread. I'll be honest it bored me to tears and I deffo won't be watching it anytime soon. The narriator who was with them doing this pilgrim and him filming it got annoyed with them at certain points, because they called him to send a message and they didn't send it they just let him film shit.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this to even my worst enemy.

AMELIE

Amelie is one of my all time fave films, it's a French romantic film about a girl (Audrey Tataou) that goes around to help others find enlightenment in their lives. The colour schemes are gorgeous to look at and it is funny. Especially when she starts to wind up the fruit stall keeper by changing things in his flat and the way she wound up her neibour after he told her she caused loads of crashes.

The only thing I didn't like was the constant mention of Lady Di and actually showing her crash. It's the only romantic film I actually watch every year. I would love to go to France to see all these places. Jean Peirre is a good quirky director that needs to do more films. To be honest I'm surprised they haven't tried to remake it yet.

I'll do a few films at a time as if I did them all you'd get bored of reading them.