View Single Post
Old 17th December 2014, 07:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I was honestly surprised that they passed the first one uncut, so I wouldn't like to commit either way really (you just don't know with the BBFC nowadays which way things are going to swing), however the second one is pretty nasty - arguably more so than the first. There is also some (albeit televised) animal violence as I recall, so I'm not sure how that would fare.

Personally, I love the original Nekromantik (as you can probably guess since Arrow's limited edition release arrived yesterday). Although it's certainly an acquired taste... admittedly a wry smile creeps onto my face whenever I think about the people who have blind bought the set and will be watching it for the first time.

I'm not as big a fan of the sequel though. However, Monika M. is just so lovely and warped it just enhances the film as a whole having her there on screen.

Yeah pity we can't set up a CL 'Spy Cam' for first-timers!

An acquired taste it is indeed......

I first 'smuggled' it and it's sequel on vhs from Cult Video in Amsterdam almost 20 years ago....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.