View Single Post
Old 21st January 2015, 11:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
The local Programm Kino is showing Johnny Suede over the weekend, so I took the opportunity to go and see it tonight (Friday). It was a crackly old print with both German and French sub-titles (which makes a change as a lot of stuff recently has been projected from blu-ray or DVD). I had almost completely forgotten this film which featured a then almost unknown Brad Pitt along with Nick Cage and a very brief appearance from Samuel L. Jackson (I guess also before he had really hit the big time). I liked it 20 years ago and I like it now, its one of those quiet films where very little really happens and Brad Pitt does quite well as Johnny gradually realises he doesn't really know who he is or what he wants. Anchor bay released this on DVD a while ago, perhaps its time for somebody to put it out on blu, how else will we hear Brad's potential as a rock star?.
Nick Cave surely??
Always felt that the directors follow up Living In Oblivion had a few references to this film. Great turn from La Keener as well imo.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]