View Single Post
Old 12th March 2015, 04:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
I recently watched -

H.G Wells First men in the moon -
I picked it up for £3, i assumed that for £3 it would be worth it seeing the Harryhausen creatures but it wasn't what i expected - The synopsis makes out the film is a Sci-Fi epic with extraterrestrial creatures, the U.N attempt a lunar landing and what they find is more horrifying than ever imagined... So i was wanting some Sci-Fi cheese with stop motion creatures and i got a poor mans bedknobs and broomsticks without the signing, the characters are unwatchable the storyline is.... there isn't one and... just don't buy this film, i know why it was in CEX now...

Drew Struzan: Man behind the Poster -
I won this movie from Kyle's Competition corner here at cult labs, I am a visual learner so most things i see i take something from it so movie art work combines two things i like a lot. The film shows how this guy, like most of us was a hard working under appreciated guy being ripped off by fellow human beings in some way or other but he had a strong relationship with his wife and made something of the life he had which lead to the life he is now famous for having lived. It's a fantastic film and unlike some documentaries (i have watched/own a lot) it has replay value. Well worth keeping your eye out for this one if you like doc's that have good production value and a subject that is worth caring about.

Mama -
A horror movie about a ghost who killed a child then decides... sh*t, i fell asleep at the keyboard... Another film to contribute to that crazy poop storm of crap horror films still trying to cash in on the paranormal gravy train which it's self was still milking the long dead cow of 'Cheap to make, found footage films' started by the Blair Witch film, which i actually enjoyed at the time... save your money and time and youtube a clip of the woman (Ghost) in her full glory at the end of the film and watch something else.
Been there haha. Great reviews!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]