View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2015, 05:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
First Universal/Horror i ever watched and still one of my faves. Saul Femm is Whale's Old Dark House isn't he? A film that really needs a nice HD transfer.
Yes he is. Sadly that's never going to happen, as twas "lost" for years, and this is the best we will get

Now if only they had lost the fricking remake!!

Ahem. And breathe.........

As mentioned, I've dugged out the auld VHS.....

1st into the slot was Fear Chamber aka Torture Zone (1968, Jack Hill/ Juan Ibanez).
Another of Karloff's last films, my favourite being Targets....er, sidetracking!! GET ON WITH IT!!

This Mexican tale of a plasticene looking "prehistoric" beastie needing "the blood of terrified women" is on a par with the Coffin Joe films that I've seen. Recommended, if indeed ye can find the bugger.

The Rollerblade Seven (Donald G Jackson, 1991) MIA Video.
Mere words alone cannot begin to explain the sheer ennui this "film" creates within me. Like all of Scott Shaw's work (I highly recommend his Samurai Vampire Bikers From Hell!!) It belongs to another universe entirely. Watch! as blonde bints rollerskate up and down! See! A metal samurai do sweet FA! Andy Milligan has nothing on this guy, guy.

Tonight Vipco's The Diamond Mercenaries!! big box, 89 min

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]