View Single Post
Old 16th April 2015, 01:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
I have the same disc. Odd wee thing isn't it?

AAnyway....Watched Eclipse (David Slade, 2010). Or tried to. Why might you ask?? My next blog will answer all cough.......

American Gothic (1987, John Hough). Hey, let's go on holiday......While this has been reviewed elsewhere, I felt I had to put in my tuppence worth....Mama Munster and Mr Joyboy have three "kids". They have been brought up "proper". Tough luck on the hapless group who make a forced landing on their island then......Somewhat thematically linked with The Slayer (features someone recently traumatised and in no shape to go on a break imo), this is an oddity, played straight mostly, as modernity comes a poor second to the good, old gawd fearing ways of the 20s.Still don't see why it had to have an 18 rating though....unlike....

Witchcraft (Fabrizio Laurenti, 1988?). The Hoff as a free spririted photographer? Linda Blair encased in maternity wear? It must be Witchery!! Interesting to watched in this multi media age, as a disparate group are stranded on a island due to foul play. so with nae GPS or iWombs in sight, they are literally stranded. Sadly so is this film, straddling betwixt all out gore (lips sewn together in close up ouch!) and a non existant atmosphere of "otherworldiness". Reminds me of various 80 AOR videos. Don't ask why.
Blog now up....don't judge me too harshly cough...

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]