View Single Post
Old 16th April 2015, 04:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Now that I think of it that was exactly the point of the film

I was just trying to to make the point and badly I might add that I understand people watching it now for the first time may not be shocked by it because of how modern society is. The film is no walk in the park and still gives me a grimy feel.
I can only retell the tale of when a mate appeared at my door clutching CH. Which he had never seen. Obligingly I stuck it into the VHS player, and off we went.....about the time of the turtle scene, another mate turned up....eating a hamburger....since I had stopped the tape for the interruption, I went to make another brew, and then stuck the film on again...now I've heard people say that they've gone "green" at something unpleasant...but this genuinely made him change colour, though he didn't rush to the toilet or anything spectacular....after it had finished I then stuck on Targets (1968)..which has quite a nasty opening scene....to which hamburger matey said "don't you have any nice films?"

Something that still makes me laugh to this day.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]