View Single Post
Old 28th May 2015, 12:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
No no feel free to disagree with me I just think we need to maybe reign in some of our expectations. Arrow and the like have time and money on their side 88 don't, don't forget Calum has said previously as have Camera Obscura that the Italian labs can work to specifications that the customers set down. Maybe 88 need to be more specific?
I think only with a very large amount of time, money, and specific care to the film, can it achieve it's best. Standard labs I think will never be able to bring out the best in an exploitation film, and as a result that's when I expect a film to never look good, until it escapes a standard lab into a specific labels' hands for specific restoration, like VinSyn and Arrow.

I never expected the Italian collection to be good. That's why I've remained quiet on this issue, because yes Anthro looks fairly poor and digital, and Blade not as bad, but just really lacking in detail, that I guessed all of these would be produced in Italian labs, so they wouldn't look great.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga