View Single Post
Old 7th October 2015, 10:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 170830

Ellison is a true crime writer who for many years was at the top of his game but the last few years he has had no success and finances are putting a strain on his marriage. In an attempt to reignite his career Ellison takes his family to live in the house of a murdered family in a small town. During the moving in process while putting some boxes the attic Ellison comes across a box labelled home moives inside he finds reels and a projector. On these film reels Ellison finds home movies of various murders. The more he watches the more he starts to loose his mind and strange things start happening around the house. Is what he is seeing on these films coming to life or is the pressures of Ellisons work finally getting on top of him.

This is a really below average horror film i found no atmosphere or feeling of tension the jump scares were juvenile and laughable like alot of films like this the idea is very interesting but the execution is terrible. The characters in the family were the usual the career driven father the wingy daughter the snot nosed son and the moaning wife or maybe thats just family life in reality im not sure . I did jump once while watching it but it was because i feel asleep on the chair and someone screamed in the film and i nearly lost my life so if you want to get something out of this film turn up the sound and turn of the lights and fall asleep on the couch you may get a few scares out of it.

One other point the evil spirit / killer looks too much like the guy from slipknot so when i first saw him i just laughed. This was just not for me like i said i liked the idea but as the minutes went by my interest got less ad less and it took two sittings to get through this which very rarely happens to me.

Attachment 170844
Guy from Slipknot just incase people dont know.

3/10
I thought he resembled Mortiis myself.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]