View Single Post
Old 7th October 2015, 11:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Cigarette Burns

Due to time constraints I cheated a little bit for my October horrorthon and watched John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns instead of a full length movie. It manages to cram a lot into it's hour long running time though. For those who don't know, it follows a film buff who is known to be able to find rare films hired by collector who is dying and before he shuffles off the mortal coil wants to watch the most notorious film ever to be shown La Fin Absolue du Monde. A film apparently so evil that during it's one and only public showing at the Sitges Film Festival descended into mayhem and the audience who survived went mad.

It is similar in theme and feel to In The Mouth of Madness and has some great set pieces and gruesome bits. Little nods to other film makers are amusing and offer great fan service, and it's interesting to see a young Norman Reedus in an early role and with a much younger sounding voice!

I really enjoyed it and my flatmate who's never seen it before liked it as well, apart from Halloween he's not seen a Carpenter movie so this will open the doors for his education!
Carpenter & Udo Kier. Nuff said

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]