View Single Post
Old 20th October 2015, 10:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
No, I'm serious! It's actually kinda insensitive. OCD can be a thoroughly debilitating and life-ruining affliction. People using it to describe the fact they don't like their dvd boxes to be different shades of the same colour is insensitive and undermines it.
OCD affects approximately 1 in 12 people in the UK. It ranges from mild to severe dependant on the person experiencing it. If someone says that they feel OCD about something what medical qualifications do you possess that gives you the right to say that they are trivializing it and what on earth do you think gives you the privilege to tell them they are not allowed to mention it?

To say that someone else cannot say their collection causes them to have a compulsive behaviour over it, is not only uneducated in the extreme, it shows a self righteousness arrogance that is stupendous in its ignorance. How dare someone suggest that "My OCD is worse than your OCD so you cannot talk about it!"

People nowadays are all too ready to "feel offended" at the slightest comment and assert their PC brainwashed views on others in the complete assertion that they are automatically in the right. Well, you're wrong. You have no idea if someone states that their OCD is kicking in due to their collection and for you to state that they are, portrays worse behaviour than that you condemn so quickly.

To say it is ****ing disgusting and insensitive is a mirror image of what you are complaining about, you jump onto your high horses and do to others exactly what you say they cannot. It is a double standard that you utilize to make the point which negates the argument from the outset.

But then I guess your OCD must be far worse than mine and under some weird PC rule that gives you the right to chastise people.... Really?