View Single Post
Old 7th March 2016, 09:35 AM
Cult Acolyte

Asylum

I recorded this when it was on the Horror channel as I quite enjoy anthology films. The story was a Dr goes into a mental asylum hoping to get a job and by doing so interviews 4 people who may or may not be nut jobs.

I found their film Vault Of Horror better (this was also made my Amicus) but these stories were enjoyable as it had an appearance by the legendary Peter Cushing and babe Britt Ekland.

I found the 1st story quite creepy in atmosphere but the end was a bit daft for me. The story is Walter is having an affair and rather then just divorce his wife he decides to kill her and hide her in a freezer, It was a good start.

2nd story was about a tailor who was asked to make a suit for Peter Cushing in a fabric of his choosing and after it has been made the tailor must deliver it. This story was a bit disappointing.

3rd was about a woman called Barbara (Charlotte Rampling) who is stopping at her brother's house after leaving the hospital and while there she gets a visit from her sister (Britt Ekland) who devises a plan for Barb's escape. I enjoyed this one a lot.

4th wasn't really a flashback story as it happened in the actual asylum, Dr Byron thinks he can put his soul into little robotic toys and let's just leave it at that because I will ruin the final story, but it felt a bit out of place for me.

Overall I enjoyed the film lots and will hope there is a Blu out of it soon