View Single Post
Old 21st June 2016, 10:49 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Honeymoon, 2014. Leigh Janiak.

Young newlyweds Bea and Paul head to a semi-remote lakehouse for their honeymoon. When Paul gets up for a drink in the middle of the night he returns to bed to find Bea missing. Finding the door open he heads out into the woods and finds her stood naked amidst the trees a few hundred yards away from the house. Carrying her back he presumes she has been sleepwalking until she gradually starts exhibiting strange behaviour. Next he finds strange marks on her thighs and before long strange lights start appearing in the windows and i shall say no more other than this low budget little horror is well worth checking out. Carried more by the performances of its small cast than anything else both Rose Leslie (Game of Thrones) and Harry Treadaway (Fortitude) play the young lovers well and its the charisma and chemistry that make this work and draw you in.
GREAT choice. I loooove this movie. It's one of my favorite American-made horror films of the last decade, easily. Imagine my surprise when I discovered, just a week or so after I saw it for the first time, that HONEYMOON was shot just 5 minutes from where I work. I've swam in that lake, when I was a kid.

Anyway . . . cool to find another fan of this underrated gem.