View Single Post
Old 4th July 2016, 11:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I watched
Fear Is The Key (1972, Micheal Tuchner).

Another revelation. Petrocelli and 'er from Torso restage Vanishing Point in order to please the dad from My Left Foot? A scream from beginning to end, I'm rewatching Torso, as I'm convinced that the outfit Kendall is wearing for most of FITK is the same one from said film haha.

My Science Project (1985, Robert Betuel)
Along with Best Shot and Rivers Edge, this was obviously part of Dennis Hopper's rehabilitation period....can you play a whacked out science teacher baby? Ahem. Film itself tripe, and not as much fun as the slightly similarily themed Solarbabies

Did I mention I watched that Cobra btw?? am still laughing.

The Killers (1947, Robert Siodmak)
Ooooh noir heaven. The dialogue rattles along like a Thompson machine gun etc. Told in a flashback stylee, the story of The Swede, The Bint & the missing $$$ is archetypal in extremis, the naked greed of nearly all the characters barely hidden beneath the surface. You can see why the French wet themselves as it is an existential minefield of raw human emotions. Or maybe I sit too close to the screen sometimes.

Adventures In Babysitting (2016, John Schulz)
Disney rap alert!!! When your lead resembles a defaced picture of Hayden Panettiere, it's not off to a great start. Like, it's a disney channel movie y'know...which I can only surmise are of the same QC as say, Syfy Channel movies etc. Blandly inoffensive to all except misanthropes. She was in Horns as well. And wasn't AIB the UK title any how?? Funny that......

London Has Fallen (2016, Babak Najafi)
GERARD BUTLER needs to save Two Face because the Oscar winner has bled out. GERARD BUTLER stabs a lot of folk, suggests an inner turmoil concerning his sexuality. Morgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Freemaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan stretches out a paragraph of dialogue for his moneys worth. Not nearly as much fun as Four Lions

And to end I watched Point Blank (1967, John Boorman)
Where JB takes hollywood by the scruff of the neck and drags it into the out there. Lee Marvin looms....John Vernon oozes insincerity, Sharon Acker gives me the horn again.
Something about money.
Sometimes all I see are the shattered illusions of Capitalism gone to plan, if naked aqcuisition is the only aim. that and a lot of battered women. Hmm to that.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]