View Single Post
Old 13th August 2016, 08:50 AM
Active Cultist

ID2 - Shadwell Army

ID2: Shadwell Army (2016) - IMDb

A young British Asian, Mo is a fast-rising police officer who goes under cover infiltrating Shadwell's resurgent hooligan element, who are fired up by Shadwells's takeover by a Russian oligarch and their unlikely adventure into European competition. Mo quickly becomes embroiled in the local schism between the BNP and EDL and plans to build a new mosque in the shadow of the Shadwell ground creates an explosive environment in which football and political violence form a perfect storm of social unrest. In the midst of this, Mo is faced with the essential existential question of of who he really is and where he really belongs. It's 20 years on and clever Trevor is now chief super, but what happens to the rest of the gang?

Now i loved the first ID film watched it so many times and still quote it amongst friends, so it was going to be difficult to follow it up with something just as gripping and entertaining, and for me that's proven right, its nice to see some of the actors back Gumbo, Trevor and Eddie (3 of them) but Reece Dinsdale and Sean Pertwee and noticable in their abscence, and obviously Warren Clarke (RIP). Its not a disaster of a movie i just found it hard to like the main Character, and the story is really just a rehash of the first with EDL ties added in, you just never get the sense of friendship with this group.