View Single Post
Old 29th September 2016, 01:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Really good reviews, Demoncrat. I hope the bronchial fever is short lived and you are back to full health shortly.
Cough indeed haha. Due to my strict diet of fags and one piece of fruit a year, I hath only myself to blame, thanks to both for wishing me well...let's see how long I last this time haha....

Watched
The Invitation (Karyn Kusama, 2015)
Really wish that I hadn't put up the trailer for this a while back, as it best gone into blind I now feel. I recommend this highly.

The Legend Of Barney Thompson (2016, Robert Carlyle)
Begbie's directorial debut is a wee stoater by ra wie. Or....this film is an accomplished piece of work (for all the sassenachs on here )

Three more FF ers....
Creep (2014, Patrick Brice)
A job is a job, yes? Well, watch who is paying you. Similarities with Enduring Love not withstanding, this wrong footed me at the point where I was just about to shrug mentally, suspend that disbelief and watch a very odd wee film.

The Dyatlov Pass Incident (2013, Renny Harlin)
Yes, that is Mr Geena Davis at the helm. A group of Americans blithely wander about where they really shouldn't in this slightly creepy tale. Unsolved mystery reexamined? Check. Foreshadowing ignored? Check.
Cheeky wee ending though, so it rises above the mire slightly.

Invoked (2015, Rosa/Mendes)
A group of 20somethings go to an island for a weekend break, but it's them who get broken haha. Look, the cardinal rule here is.....If there is an ancient legend which involves trapped spirits do not hold a seance!!! Sheesh etc. Some nice touches, but strictly for FFFans.

After I've stopped laughing, I will let you all know what I thought of Blair Witch

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]