Thread: UK rights?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2008, 07:31 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The breast impalement would be far less cut if resubmitted now and almost intact. The only cuts the BBFC would make would be to the actual piercing of the breasts. The rest of the scene (the suspension) should pass fine.

There's also a rape in Last Cannibal World (the scene is cut in the UK) though I find it a necessary scene for once. Foschi's character is forced to rape Me Me Lai in an animal-style way to subjugate her (thus preventing her from telling the pursuing tribe where they are), as it's the only language she can understand being a cave-girl. I can understand the BBFC cutting the scene (especially as the rape is anal) but it's regrettable nonetheless. In the cut version he simply punches her in the face and in the next scene she's become submissive!
I think that sometimes when they cut a film they can actually make it look worse than what was there in the first place and can make the film editor look a bit stupid as if he/she does not know how to edit a film,so cuts don't help in that respect.