View Single Post
Old 28th March 2017, 06:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Severance (2006)

A team-building weekend in the mountains of Eastern Europe goes horribly wrong for the sales division of the multi-national weapons company Palisade Defence when they become the victims of a group of crazed killers who will stop at nothing to see them dead.

Following on from Wilderness and Botched, Severance is another fave from the mid 00's. Director Christopher Smith's second film has long been my favourite of his. Part black comedy and part out and out horror. The film boasts an excellent cast including Tim McInnerny, Toby Stephens, Laura Harris, and in arguably the form of his life, Danny Dyer.

The comedy aspect adds something to the well worn 'Backwoods' horror genre whilst the graphic gore and mounting tension guarantees it keeps you on the edge of your seat. The script is witty and surprising and the quirky Britishness certainly sets it aside from it's American counterparts such as Wrong Turn.. I mean, an office outing. All that's missing is Ricky Gervais.

Severance is a film i've watched countless times and i always find thoroughly enjoyable with each subsequent viewing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 936full-severance-poster.jpg (92.1 KB, 6 views)