View Single Post
Old 30th March 2017, 05:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
IMO they just don't make films as good as they use to , even the acting was different and better . a lot of today's film might be film or Blockbuster of the year , but still prefer the older movies , take films like oliver twist , wizard of oz, hunchback of Notre dame, Spartacus , peeping tom just a few but there loads of old films that still stand test of time for how old they are when they didn't have the technology they have today . give me films like these etc from 40s to the 70s \ 80s over most films of today , look how affective and atmospheric quatermass films and 10 Rillington place are and they just can't quite make films as effective nowadays IMO , shame really if they took a leaf out of the old film industry instead of CGI , big is better crashbang wallop attitude then films would be better its all about big budgets who who in the films special effects and all that malarky ..I guess that's part of why a lot of j horrors work because they don't have the budget etc and concentrate more on story , atmosphere, tension, build up all that type of palaver.
Cough
Bone Tomahawk
The Interior
The Duke Of Burgundy

To name but 3 modern films that have impressed me. So there's that. Old films, new films, some are great, some are ferking awful. I've seen plenty of older films that weren't much cop to be frank....On Golden Pond for one

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]