View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroid View Post
I'm wondering how long it will be before the vinyl bubble bursts tbh, I see it more as a blip more than anything else, more like a fashion accessory, a boutique thing, than an actual desire to hear music on that format*. I sorted out some of my stored hi-fi gear for my youngest daughter so she could have a turntable in her room, and when her friends come round it's all "wow , a record player, vinyls, cooool! ", and then they all sit around listening to stuff on their phones...aaarggghhhh!
I understand about economies of scale and that but I'm guessing vinyl will never return to the volumes it previously enjoyed and so the unit prices will remain as they are, but as someone who's bought records since 1980 I now find myself priced out of the new vinyl market. Luckily the music I love best is underground Punk/HC/metal noisy stuff and the prices are usually kept as low as possible (but then postage kills...aaarrggghhhh again!).

* Not knocking anyone here obviously as it's a forum celebrating collecting and enjoying THINGS!
THINGS INDEED
Ahem. When I found the Frozen ST in Fopp ... I thought "Now whom is that for??".
But then I never saw vinyl "die" ... just kept hearing this from the trendsetters. The older I get the more I titter at pundits who try and predict things.
But what do I know? I've gone back to rewinding tapes

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]