View Single Post
Old 29th April 2017, 11:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Dogtooth (2009)

I'm so pleased i went into this film cold. The back cover blurb really doesn't go into detail as to what unfolds before your eyes. Dogtooth is a disturbing, intense, experience featuring wildly dark humour, incest, sex, (strong), sporadic violence and total bizarreness in a film that can only be described as f**ked up.

Lets make it simple and say it's about a disturbed or perhaps religious family who don't get out much, except the father who drives to work every day and on occasions brings home a female colleague for his son to screw. That's in the first five minutes and then things get really offbeat and twisted.

I was totally immersed in the film from the off. The performances are all excellent and the ideas on display are both surreal and deeply affecting at the same time and pose so many questions about the ways and norms of todays society. I know it sounds pretentious but the film is far from it and many like myself will find themselves totally submerged in this extremely atypical movie.

Highly recommended.

Amazing film. Watched it first without subs. Ahem. See also The Lobster

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]