View Single Post
Old 5th May 2017, 12:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
"Me and my rhythm boooooxxx..."... wow, that lady was irritating. But kind of alluring. Film sends out similar waves of grating attraction, for me. Plus, no-one would have the bollocks to do anything like it now - half ultra mannered New Romantic stude posturing, half dumb ass sci fi slop. No-one really talks about it, which is a shame.
True, so lets....
Because she was in my favourite evil kid film, when I spotted her name on the box, I just had to see this. My callow self was fairly nonplussed, but I've grown to love it. Like The Brother From Another Planet (or it's bastard stepkid Gay Niggers From Outer Space ), you just don't have the room now for this. But it's so arch it hurts, as they all crane their necks in order to spout dialogue that makes dubbing seem attractive. Speckled with a nasty undertone of misogyny that is paradoxically exciting in this day and age. Almost roughie in style is Margaret's "date" with the actor.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]