View Single Post
Old 5th August 2017, 05:12 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Interesting you said that shortly after saying how much you are anticipating the Bruce Willis-headlining Death Wish movie! Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Dwayne Johnson and Tom Cruise are probably movie stars rather than actors. Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep, Ryan Gosling and Jennifer Lawrence are probably both movie stars and actors – I don't believe the two categories are mutually exclusive.

It may just be me, but I'm more interested in actors than movie stars (they're not always separate things) so people like Daniel Craig, Benedict Cumberbatch, Amy Adams, Halle Berry, Eddie Redmayne, Robert De Niro (some may say he's a movie star as well), Ralph Fiennes, Emma Stone, Emily Watson, Kristen Scott Thomas, Charlotte Rampling and (the recently retired) Daniel Day Lewis could easily sell a film to me if their name was prominently placed on the artwork/trailer.
Much like a superhero film today you could probably guess what a Clint Eastwood or Sylvester Stallone film would be like prior to seeing them in the 80's/90's. With the people you mention, hell, i can't even remember the last films half of them starred in - Rampling, Berry, Watson, Fiennes... they don't draw me at all. Admittedly i adored Kristen Scott Thomas in Salmon Fishing in the Yemen but that's the only recent one of hers i can remember, and she was third billed for that.