View Single Post
Old 13th August 2018, 06:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
The Pit

Attachment 207767

Absolutely f*ckin nutzoid obscurity from 1981.
Jamie is a pretty disturbed and withdrawn 12 year old boy who is shunned by the local kids and whose best friend is Teddy ( a teddy bear that talks to him).

Attachment 207768

When his parents go away on a trip they leave him with an attractive female babysitter who he becomes obsessed with, watching her sleep and creeping up on her in the shower etc.

Meanwhile he finds a pit in the local woods, inside live some weird creatures he calls Tra-la-logs, he becomes obsessed with them and decides to look after them, only to find they have a taste for raw meat.

Attachment 207769

Running out of money for food, he decides to take those who have teased and upset him and lead them to the pit.

I thoroughly enjoyed this, it seems to just bung a load of random elements together, but i have a soft spot for these type of weirdo films. Stuff that you watch late at night and just say WTF were these guys on, things that have a dreamlike feel.

The film is pretty well made and well acted, there's not much gore or nudity, but just enough to ice the cake.
The story went in a few directions i wasn't expecting so it gets points for that from me too.

Recommended 8/10
SOLD

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]