View Single Post
Old 15th October 2018, 12:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I'm not watching it.
Zero interest, it's a fricking joke now.

Sorry.
Me too. The whole thing has become a total and utter farce. Stopped really taking note of Dr Who after series 8 with Peter Capaldi, though I did watch certain episodes up to the end of Capaldi's demise. The whole Christmas special last year signified to me that Doctor Who was well and truly over. The show and the decisions of casting a female Doctor was made more by the BBC than Steven Moffat, but Moffat just pushed all of the political correctness, feminism and diversity etc.. at full tilt. I suppose when you're paid by the BBC, then you must do as your told. Stuff all those long term fans that know and sense what Doctor Who use to be like. Though the science fiction component has been somewhat devoid from the show for some considerable time.

Doctor Who is nothing more than an empty husk of a show now. I have nothing wrong with the casting of a female Doctor, but it's the way the show is now being driven that concern's me by the BBC. If I want to watch some genuine Dr Who, then it's get those DVD's out from the past.

In the end it's owned by the BBC, so they can do what they like with it.

For me it's the sad end.

RIP Doctor Who 1963-2014