View Single Post
Old 18th October 2018, 05:12 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
House on Haunted Hill (1999)

Watched this one the night after I watched the original. Didn't love it I have to be honest. The editor needs to take his ADHD medicine [emoji38] I quite like that the story was changed a little and that the house was previously an asylum where the inmates were experimented upon. I also liked the cast, everyone was pretty good, I always like Ali Larter and Famke Janssen and I was happy about Peter Gallagher being part of the ensemble. The set design was great too but the CGI and matte painting backgrounds were a bit rubbish!

That ending as well...

Two Evil Eyes (1990)

I've not seen this one for years, I was never a huge fan of it, but I picked up the new BD and gave it another try. Romero's story of a gold digging wife and her secret boyfriend defrauding her dying husband by hypnotism was really enjoyable and the last 20 minutes were genuinely creepy. However, Argento's story was just too grim and gorey for the sake of it and it left me feeling cold. It had one of the worst, anti-climactic endings I've seen in ages too!

I think I'll get re-watch value from The Facts in the Case of Mr. Valdemar but I doubt I'll go back to Harvey Keitel manically strangling a cat any time soon.
I'm guessing I'm gonna lose that like from you for a bad recommendation [emoji6]

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk