View Single Post
Old 17th November 2019, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Beyond 1981.

A woman inherits a hotel in Louisiana hoping to restore it, is unaware its one of the entrances to Hell.

When I first saw this film in my early teens on the Vipco vhs, I found it boring, pointless and stupid, (don't hate me ). Over the time of owing the uncut dvd I began to appreciate it and what Fulci made. Catriona MacColl stars as Liza who has inherited the old building and people around her have some nasty accidents. David Warbeck stars as the Doctor who helps her solve the mystery of the old hotel.

Fulci obviously knew the start of the film was the strong point with a lynch mob and the cellar, then the story line seems to drag on with sequences that make you cringe and may attempt to scare then everything adds up to the climatic ending. Some of the sequence including the library scene may seem outdated with the animatronic spiders but still effective with the gore. Fabio Frizzi created a great soundtrack and background score with this film and Sergio Salvati created some good cinematography. Classic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-beyond-1981.jpg (97.3 KB, 7 views)