View Single Post
Old 10th June 2020, 09:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
This is regarding The Vipco Release in 2002 which I did buy:

It was finally passed for video release in 2002 after a staggering 11 minutes 43secs of cuts which mostly removed the rape and assault scenes and heavily edited the razor-slashing of Cindy, the opening murder scene, and shots of Tony's head being slammed against a table.

The version I watched was the Shameless Release but I did have the American Version. Regarding the Shameless one, on the extras, I'm pretty sure that they had to battle to get the scenes in. Granted I haven't watched the extras for a long time but I'm pretty sure they mentioned Salo and/or other films which had similar scenes. There was a feature where a University Lecturer was giving a talk.

For the record, I believe that the Vipco version made the Rape scene a lot worse because all you saw were the faces and left it to the imagination.
Oh, I've got the US release as well, a sick and disturbing treat after the kids version we got handed to us by THEM. Appalling way to treat adults.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]